Welcome to this edition of SB Week in Review. In the past week, there have been a number of exciting debuts and comebacks in the K-pop industry. Cravity returned with their bright and energetic track “Ready or Not,” while Key motivated listeners with “Good & Great.” Meanwhile, Weeekly made their first comeback in over a year with “Good Day,” and Hur Youngji of Kara debuted as a solo artist with “L.O.V.E.” V of BTS dropped the mysterious “Blue,” marking the fourth music video from his album Layover. Additionally, Jung Yonghwa of CNBlue came back with “Your City,” and El7z Up, the project group formed from Queendom: Puzzle, debuted with “Cheeky.” These are just a few highlights of the past week, so be sure to check out the full article for more news and updates in the K-pop world. Welcome to another edition of SB Week in Review. Here’s all the news you might have missed over the past week:
Debuts & Comebacks
- Cravity returned with bright and energetic “Ready or Not.”
- Key motivated us to adult with “Good & Great.”
- Weeekly had their first comeback in over a year with “Good Day,” a special single.
- Hur Youngji of Kara debuted as a solo artist with “L.O.V.E.”
- V (of BTS) dropped the mysterious “Blue,” the fourth music video from his album Layover.
- Jung Yonghwa (of CNBlue) came back with “Your City.”
- El7z Up, the project group formed from Queendom: Puzzle, debuted with “Cheeky.”
- Mimiirose delivered a pop sound with a reggae beat with “Flirting.”
- Loossemble’s “Sensitive” marked the redebut of five Loona members.
- TXT collaborated with Anitta on the funky, Michael Jackson-inspired “Back for More.”
- Dawn highlighted his vocals on the ballad “Star [feat. 10CM].”
- DPR Ian dropped the surreal “So I Danced,” a pre-release for his upcoming album Dear Insanity.
Cravity made a vibrant comeback with their latest track “Ready or Not.” The group exudes energy and charm in their performances, showcasing their strong vocals and powerful dance moves. The song is an upbeat anthem that captivates listeners with its catchy melody and catchy chorus. Cravity proves once again why they are a force to be reckoned with in the K-pop scene.
Key, known for his versatility and immense talent, released “Good & Great” as a solo artist. The track showcases Key’s impressive vocal range and lyrical prowess, urging listeners to embrace adulthood and face challenges with confidence. The music video perfectly complements the message of the song, featuring Key’s charismatic presence and captivating visuals.
Weeekly, the rising girl group, made their highly anticipated comeback with “Good Day.” The single marks their first comeback in over a year, and fans were thrilled to see the girls back on stage. “Good Day” is a refreshing and upbeat track that highlights Weeekly’s charming vocals and vibrant energy. The members’ undeniable talent and infectious enthusiasm make this comeback a delightful treat for their fans.
Hur Youngji, former member of the iconic girl group Kara, made her solo debut with “L.O.V.E.” The song showcases Youngji’s unique musical style and powerful vocals, marking her transition into a solo artist. “L.O.V.E” is a heartfelt ballad that beautifully conveys Youngji’s emotions and showcases her growth as an artist.
V, of the global sensation BTS, dropped the enigmatic “Blue” as part of his album Layover. The music video and song captivate viewers with its mysterious and dreamlike atmosphere. V’s soulful vocals and captivating visuals make “Blue” a mesmerizing and unforgettable experience.
Jung Yonghwa, the talented vocalist of CNBlue, made his comeback with “Your City.” The song is a heartfelt ballad that showcases Yonghwa’s emotional vocals and heartfelt lyrics. The music video beautifully captures the essence of the song, creating a captivating visual experience for viewers.
El7z Up, the project group formed from the popular reality show Queendom: Puzzle, made their debut with “Cheeky.” The group showcases their unique style and undeniable talent in this catchy and energetic track. The members’ chemistry and charisma shine through, making El7z Up an exciting addition to the K-pop scene.
Mimiirose delivered a refreshing and unique sound with “Flirting.” The song combines pop elements with a reggae beat, creating a captivating and addictive track. Mimiirose’s smooth vocals and catchy hooks make “Flirting” a perfect addition to any playlist.
Loossemble’s “Sensitive” marked the highly anticipated redebut of five members of the beloved group Loona. The song showcases the members’ growth as artists and their undeniable talent. “Sensitive” is a dynamic and empowering track that highlights Loossemble’s versatility and musicality.
TXT, the popular boy group, teamed up with Brazilian artist Anitta for the funky and energetic “Back for More.” Drawing inspiration from Michael Jackson, the song is a catchy and vibrant track that highlights the members’ vocals and powerful dance moves. TXT and Anitta’s collaboration adds an exciting twist to the K-pop scene.
Dawn, known for his unique musical style and smooth vocals, highlighted his talent on the emotional ballad “Star.” Featuring 10CM, the song beautifully conveys the raw emotions and vulnerability of love. Dawn’s heartfelt performance and soulful vocals make “Star” a touching and relatable track.
DPR Ian, the multi-talented artist, dropped the surreal “So I Danced” as a pre-release for his upcoming album Dear Insanity. The song showcases Ian’s artistic vision and unique style, immersing listeners in a dreamlike and captivating world. “So I Danced” is a mesmerizing and thought-provoking track that leaves a lasting impression.
Teasers & Announcements
- D.O.’s second mini-album Expectation will be out on September 18.
- Evnne, consisting of 7 contestants from Boys Planet, will debut with Target: Me on September 19.
- Tempest teased their title track “Vroom Vroom” from their upcoming single album Into the Storm, set for a September 20 release.
- The Rose released a teaser for their album Dual, out on September 22.
- Kep1er will be back with Magic Hour, to be released on September 25.
- Oneus posted sea-themed teasers for their 10th mini-album, La Dolce Vita, out on September 26.
- ONF will make their first post-military comeback with Love Effect on October 4.
- Yesung (of Super Junior) will release his 5th mini-album Unfading Sense on the same day.
- Epex shared a gritty story film for their 6th EP Prelude of Anxiety Chapter 2, also scheduled for an October 4 release.
- NCT 127 will return with their 5th full album, Fact Check, on October 6.
- Jini, formerly of NMixx, plans to release a debut album, An Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove, on October 11.
D.O., beloved member of EXO, is set to release his second mini-album Expectation on September 18. Fans are eagerly anticipating this release, eager to hear D.O.’s soulful vocals and heartfelt lyrics.
Evnne, consisting of seven contestants from the reality show Boys Planet, is ready to make their debut with Target: Me on September 19. The group has already garnered a strong following with their stunning performances and charismatic stage presence.
Tempest, a promising new group, teased their upcoming single album Into the Storm with their title track “Vroom Vroom.” Fans are excited to see what Tempest has in store with their energetic and powerful concept.
The Rose, known for their emotional and captivating music, released a teaser for their album Dual. Set to be released on September 22, Dual is expected to showcase The Rose’s signature sound and poignant lyrics.
Kep1er, the talented girl group, is set to make their comeback with Magic Hour on September 25. Fans are excited to see what new concepts and music Kep1er will bring with this release.
Oneus, the versatile boy group, posted beautiful and visually stunning sea-themed teasers for their upcoming 10th mini-album La Dolce Vita. Fans are eagerly anticipating the release on September 26, hoping for another masterpiece from Oneus.
ONF, who recently completed their military service, will make their long-awaited comeback with Love Effect on October 4. Fans are excited to see how ONF has grown during their enlistment and what new music they have in store.
Yesung, member of the legendary group Super Junior, will release his 5th mini-album Unfading Sense on the same day. Fans are excited to hear Yesung’s powerful vocals and experience his unique musicality.
Epex, known for their powerful performances and intense music, shared a gritty story film for their upcoming 6th EP Prelude of Anxiety Chapter 2. Scheduled for an October 4 release, fans can expect another impactful and emotionally charged album from Epex.
NCT 127, one of the most popular boy groups, will return with their 5th full album Fact Check on October 6. Fans are eagerly awaiting this release, excited to see what new music and concepts NCT 127 will bring to the table.
Jini, formerly of NMixx, is set to release her debut album An Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove on October 11. Fans are excited to see Jini’s growth as an artist and what unique music she will bring with her debut.
- Hwasa (of Mamamoo) was questioned by Seoul police over accusations of indecency. A parent group filed a complaint against Hwasa on June 22 following her performance at Sunghyunkwan University.
- Billlie’s Moon Sua will temporarily suspend activities for health reasons.
- Stray Kids and TXT won awards and performed at MTV’s Video Music Awards. Blackpink and Jungkook (BTS) also took home prizes.
- The K-pop Lux x SBS Super Concert in London, a weekend festival with headliners The Boyz, TXT, and Itzy, was “postponed” just 10 days before the shows.
- YG Entertainment stated that Blackpink’s Lisa is still undergoing contract negotiations, responding to rumors that she rejected their offers.
- BTS’ Suga will begin his required military service on September 22.
Mamamoo’s Hwasa found herself questioned by Seoul police over accusations of indecency. A parent group filed a complaint against Hwasa following her performance at Sunghyunkwan University on June 22. The incident sparked a controversy, leading to an investigation by the police.
Moon Sua, member of the girl group Billlie, will temporarily suspend her activities due to health reasons. Fans expressed their concern and support for Moon Sua, wishing her a speedy recovery.
Stray Kids and TXT had a memorable night at MTV’s Video Music Awards. Both groups won awards and delivered incredible performances, showcasing their talent and charisma on the international stage. Blackpink and Jungkook of BTS also took home prizes, solidifying their global popularity and influence.
The highly anticipated K-pop Lux x SBS Super Concert in London, featuring headliners The Boyz, TXT, and Itzy, was unexpectedly postponed just 10 days before the shows were scheduled to take place. The announcement disappointed fans who were eagerly awaiting the event, and they expressed their disappointment and frustration on social media.
YG Entertainment addressed the ongoing contract negotiations with Blackpink’s Lisa, clarifying that she is still in the process of discussing her contract. The statement aimed to debunk rumors that Lisa had rejected the agency’s offers, emphasizing that negotiations are still ongoing.
BTS’ Suga, a beloved member of the group, will begin his mandatory military service on September 22. Fans expressed their love and support for Suga, wishing him a safe and fulfilling military service.
In this Week in Review, we’ve covered a wide range of exciting news and announcements from the K-pop industry. From debuts and comebacks to teasers and other news, it’s clear that the K-pop scene is buzzing with activity and creativity. Fans can look forward to new music, captivating performances, and more surprises in the coming weeks. Stay tuned for more updates and exciting developments in the world of K-pop.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?